Senior Researcher / Researcher
SENIOR RESEACHER AND RESEACHER DEFINITION
- A Senior Researcher and a Researcher are regarded as researchers who are accepted by Keio Research Institute at SFC upon recommendation by a Faculty Sponsor and then participate in research activities.
- The Faculty Sponsor for a Senior Researcher or a Researcher must be the Executive Director of the Institute or a tenured and/or non-tenured faculty member (excluding part-time member and Project Faculty members) who belongs to the Faculty of Policy Management, the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies, the Faculty of Nursing and Medical Care, the Graduate School of Media and Governance and the Graduate School of Health Management. The Faculty Sponsor will be responsible for all activities conducted by Senior Researchers and Researchers as members of the Institute.
- A 'Senior Researcher' must possess a Master's degree or equivalent/higher degree, and also be recognized as an experienced, distinguished, and self-sustained researcher.
- A 'Researcher' must possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent/higher degree, and be recognized as an experienced and distinguished researcher.
- The period of acceptance for Senior Researchers, and Researchers is valid until the end of the academic year at the longest. The period of validity may be extended until the following academic year if the Faculty Sponsor submits a renewal application regarding the Senior Researchers, and Researchers.
- A registration fee of 50,000 yen is required for an academic year; or 25,000 yen if the period of acceptance is for a semester (April to September for the Spring Semester, October to March for the Fall Semester). The General Affairs Office will send an invoice to the applicant's address indicatied on the application form.
Please read the following documents for details:
Applications can be registered through an online system. With the Faculty Sponsor's approval, the candidate for a senior researcher or a researcher may first fill out applicable sections before the Faculty Sponsor fills out the form and completes the application process. After application is registered and approved by two committees* at SFC, candidates officially become Senior Researchers or Researchers.
*The two committees are the Keio Research Institute at SFC Steering Committee, and the Joint Steering Committee (Graduate School of Media and Governance, Faculty of Policy Management, and Faculty of Environment and Information Studies).
The flow chart below shows the application and approval process in the case the candidate fills out applicable sections of the application form, such as address, before the Faculty Sponsor
- With the Faculty Sponsor's approval, the candidate sends a request to apply from the "Registration of Application for Acceptance of Senior Researchers / Researchers to the Keio Research Institute at SFC" screen:
User manual for the Application Registration System for Acceptance of Senior Researchers / Researchers (for candidates)
- The candidate will receive an email with a URL to open the application system
- The candidate fills in and registers items on the "Application for Acceptance of Senior Researchers / Researchers" screen
- Notification will be sent by email to the Faculty Sponsor
- The Faculty Sponsor completes remaining procedures
- After submission of the application is accepted by the Office of Research Administration, the application will be deliberated by two committees
- Official approval
- The Office of Research Administration will send a notice of official approval to the Faculty Sponsor and the candidate.
- The Office of Research Administration will send an email to the candidate regarding information about using and applying for a Campus Card (optional).
- The candidate makes payment of the Registration Fee
New applicants, and renewal applicants with amendments to their resume, are required to attach a resume to their application on the "Registration of Application for Acceptance" screen.
New applicants are those who are applying for the first time, or those for whom one full day or more has passed since the last day of the previous period as a senior researcher or a researcher.
Renewal applicants are those who are applying while their current period as a senior researcher or a researcher is still valid, and there are 0 days between the current period and the period being applied for.
In preparation for the application process, please prepare a resume (electronic file such as PDF, with head shot photograph). There is no designated format for the resume, but a head shot photograph and information on the most recently acquired degree must be included. The resume form below may be used.
- Oath (from the academic year 2017, submission is required for all candidate and Faculty Sponsor)
Submission of the "Oath" in order to comply with the regulations for both the research candidate and the Faculty Sponsor, read the regulations carefully and have the research candidate and the Faculty Sponsor signature (handwritten) and seal the "Oath". Submit the Oath (original) to the Office of Research Development and Sponsored Projects by the "deadline" (Only those who live abroad can submit "Oath" by electronic file such as PDF).
Please note that submission of the "Oath" after the deadline cannot be registered and approved by committees.
|-||Oath [15 December 2016]|
- SENIOR RESEARCHER AND RESEACHER CAMPUS CARD (Optional)
Those 1) newly applying, or 2) applying for re-issuance, must download and enter separate the "Application for Senior Researcher / Researcher Campus Card Issuance". Then obtain Faculty Sponsor's and candidate's signature and seal on the form and submit to the Office of Research Development and Sponsored Projects. If you already have a card and wish to continue using, your card's valid date will be automatically renewed by the Office.
This application form can be download from the "Application for Acceptance" screen.
* For those who complete the procedure for Campus Card, an email will be sent to the Senior Researcher or the Researcher regarding information about using a Campus Card and application of use of the Τ (Tau) Building Loft.
|-||Application for Senior Researcher and Researcher|
Campus Card Issuance [revised on 26 May 2016]
Registration and Submission of the "Oath" must be completed by the deadline. The deadline is, in principle, the Wednesday the week before the first of the two committee meetings. Please note that registration after the deadline cannot be accepted. Please confirm deadlines with the Faculty Sponsor or the Office of Research Administration.
- APPLYING TO USE THE MEDIA CENTER (Optional)
Those who wish to use the Media Center should also apply at the Media Center. After your application has been approved, take your Researcher Campus Card to the Media Center to complete registration procedures.
- USING SFC-CNS (Optional)
Those who wish to use SFC-CNS should complete user registration at the Information Technology Center.
Inquiries should be directed to:
Office of Research Development and Sponsored Projects, Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Keio University
First floor, τ (Tau) Building
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:15 a.m.-4:50 p.m.
(Closed weekends, holidays, summer and winter administrative breaks)