SIV Entrepreneur Education Research Consortium
* This laboratory has been completed.
This research project has been renamed to Keio SFC Innovation & Entrepreneurship Platform Consortium as of 1st April 2008.
|Number of participating organizations||27|
Though the infrastructure and support for venture incubation has been firmly established at Keio University SFC there are three new challenges to be met namely:
- development of entrepreneur education
- systematization of accumulated incubation knowledge and
- strategy planning.
To address these challenges the SIV Research Consortium has been reorganized into the SIV Entrepreneur Education Research Consortium in April 2005. This Consortium has become the center of research where the SIV Entrepreneur Laboratory concentrates on entrepreneur education.
SIV Entrepreneur Education Research Consortium will promote venture enterprises by developing teaching material for entrepreneur education and conducting research in related areas. In the last two years, for instance, SIV Research Consortium, a predecessor of SIV Entrepreneur Education Research Consortium, has not only developed teaching material for entrepreneur education but also created the requisite environment for the Jiro Kokuryo project.
In order to promote entrepreneur education the SIV Entrepreneur Education Research Consortium will:
- offer courses in entrepreneur education
- use knowledge derived from case studies to create teaching material
- hold periodic workshops
- develop SFC venture-based strategies based on regional and industrial policies
- support specific policies of venture organizations
- organize discussion forums and formulate proposals based on such discussions and
- publish working papers and reports.
It must be noted that being a part of SIV Entrepreneur Laboratory, the activities of the SIV Entrepreneur Education Research Consortium will be largely confined to educational needs but in some cases will expand to include related areas as well.
- Premier Member
Suruga Bank Ltd., NIFTY Corporation, FIGLA CO.,LTD., Comap Incorporated, PFU LIMITED
ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation, AZSA & Co, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ,Ltd., HARU DESIGN CONSULTING, Inc., MITSUBISHI CORPORATION, MITSUBISHI ESTATE CO., LTD, LightSpeed Inc., eco-s corporation, Bit-Isle Inc., Daito Art Printing Co,.Ltd, TAIKI Corporation,Ltd., Sekisui Integrated Reseach Inc., DIP Corporation, Matsushita Electric Industrial.,Co.,Ltd, Yasuda Enterprise Development Co., Ltd., SERA,TOYAMA,MATSUKURA&KAWAGUCHI
- Affiliate Member
Society for the study of Venture Support, Kanagawa Prefectural government, Organization for Small & Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation, Japan, FUJISAWA INDUSTRIAL PROMOTION FOUNDATION, SFC Alumni Association, MM Incubation Partners CO.LTD.Total number of organizational members: 27
SIV Entrepreneur Education Research Consortium Life Duration
(April 2005 to March 2008)
- Phase 1(April 2005-March 2006): collecting germinating methods of education; using pioneering curricula and sketching an activity plan
- Phase 2 (April 2006-March 2007): following the activity plan and
- Phase 3 (April 2007-March 2008): implementing systematic curricula for entrepreneur education at Keio University SFC; finalizing results of research; and evaluating future research
Researchers, managers and professors
|Jiro KokuryoDirector||Professor, Faculty of Policy Management|
Executive Director of KEIO Research Institute at SFC
|Kenji KumasakaDirector||Professor, Faculty of Environment and Information Studies|
|Kanetaka Maki||Research Associate, Graduate School of Media and Governance|
|Yasutaka Mori||Acting Chairman, Keio Alumni Club of Mentors|
|Satoshi Kabasawa||Professor, Graduate School of Media and Governance|
|Katsunori Tanaka||Associate Professor, Graduate School of Media and Governance|
|Miyachi Emi||Visiting Researchers-Personnel (visiting), Keio Research Institute at SFC|
|Yoshinori Isagai||Assistant Professor, Faculty of Environment and Information Studies|
|Katsuya Hirokawa||Incubation Manager, Keio Fujisawa Innovation Village|
|Koichi Hamamoto||Deputy Executive Secretary, Keio Alumni Club of Mentors|