SENIOR RESEACHER AND RESEACHER DEFINITION
A Senior Researcher and a Researcher are regarded as researchers who are accepted by Keio Research Institute at SFC upon recommendation by a Faculty Sponsor and then participate in research activities.
■A ‘Senior Researcher’ must possess a Master’s degree or equivalent/higher degree, and also be recognized as an experienced, distinguished, and self-sustained researcher.
■A ‘Researcher’ must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/higher degree, and be recognized as an experienced and distinguished researcher.
The Faculty Sponsor must be the Executive Director of the Institute or a tenured and/or non-tenured faculty member (excluding part-time member and Project Faculty members) who belongs to the Faculty of Policy Management, the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies, the Faculty of Nursing and Medical Care, the Graduate School of Media and Governance and the Graduate School of Health Management.
The Faculty Sponsor will be responsible for all activities conducted by the candidate as members of the Institute.
The period of acceptance is valid until the end of the academic year at the longest. *The period of validity may be extended until the following academic year if the Faculty Sponsor submits a renewal application regarding the candidate.
A registration fee of 50,000 yen is required for an academic year; or 25,000 yen if the period of acceptance is only for a semester (April to September for the Spring Semester, October to March for the Fall Semester).
The General Affairs Office will send an invoice to the applicant’s address indicated on the application form.
Please read the following documents for details:
Policy for Distinguished Researchers, Senior Researchers and Researchers at Keio Research Institute at SFC_20150401 Keio University Conflicts Management Policy
Applications can be registered through an online system. With the Faculty Sponsor’s approval, the candidate for a senior researcher or a researcher may first fill out applicable sections before the Faculty Sponsor fills out the form and completes the application process. After application is registered and approved by two committees* at SFC, candidates officially become Senior Researchers or Researchers.
The two committees are the Keio Research Institute at SFC Steering Committee, and the Joint Steering Committee (Graduate School of Media and Governance, Faculty of Policy Management, and Faculty of Environment and Information Studies).
The flow chart below shows the application and approval process in the case the candidate fills out applicable sections of the application form, such as address, before the Faculty Sponsor complete the application.
- With the Faculty Sponsor’s approval, the candidate sends a request to apply from the “Registration of Application for Acceptance of Senior Researchers / Researchers to the Keio Research Institute at SFC” screen:Registration of Application for Acceptance of Senior Researchers / Researchers to the Keio Research Institute at SFC
- The candidate will receive an email with a URL to open the application system
- The candidate fills in and registers items on the system.
Application for Acceptance of Senior Researchers / Researchers” screen
- Notification will be sent automatically by email to the Faculty Sponsor (The candidate should send the notification to the Faculty Sponsor as well.)
- The Faculty Sponsor logs in to the application system and finds the candidate’s registered application by clicking on “application search” in the menu. After confirming the sections filled in by the candidate, the Faculty Sponsor fills in the remaining applicable sections (project name, reason for sponsorship, etc.)
- The Faculty Sponsor clicks on “Request for confirmation by the Office of Research Administration”
- Deliberation by Keio Research Institute at SFC Steering Committee
- Deliberation by the Joint Steering Committee (Graduate School of Media and Governance, Faculty of Policy Management, and Faculty of Environment and Information Studies)/Plenary Meeting (Faculty of Nursing and Medical Care)/Graduate School of Health Management Steering Committee
- After the official approval, the Office of Research Administration will send a notice to the Faculty Sponsor and the candidate.
- The candidate makes payment of the Registration Fee according to the guide by the General Affairs Office.
- (optional) An email will be sent to the candidate regarding information on an application about the use of a Campus Card.
New applicants, and renewal applicants with amendments to their resume, are required to attach a resume to their application on the “Registration of Application for Acceptance” screen.
New applicants are those who are applying for the first time, or those for whom one full day or more has passed since the last day of the previous period as a senior researcher or a researcher.
Renewal applicants are those who are applying while their current period as a senior researcher or a researcher is still valid, and there are 0 days between the current period and the period being applied for.
In preparation for the application process, please prepare a resume (electronic file such as PDF). At least a head shot photograph, information on the most recently acquired degree, current job and address must be included. The resume form below may be used.
Oath (required for all candidates)
Submission of the “Oath” in order to comply with the regulations, read the regulations carefully and the candidate must sign (handwritten) the “Oath”. Submit the Oath (original) through the application system.
SENIOR RESEARCHER AND RESEACHER CAMPUS CARD (Optional)
Those 1) newly applying, or 2) applying for re-issuance, must download and enter separate the “Application for Senior Researcher / Researcher Campus Card Issuance”. Then obtain Faculty Sponsor’s and candidate’s signature and seal on the form and submit to the Office of Research Development and Sponsored Projects. If you already have a card and wish to continue using, your card’s valid date will be automatically renewed by the Office.This application form can be download from the “Application for Acceptance” screen.
For those who complete the procedure for Campus Card, an email will be sent to the Senior Researcher or the Researcher regarding information about using a Campus Card and application of use of the Τ (Tau) Building Loft.
Registration and Submission of the “Oath” must be completed by the deadline. The deadline is, in principle, the Wednesday the week before the first of the two committee meetings. Please note that registration after the deadline cannot be accepted. Please confirm deadlines with the Faculty Sponsor or the Office of Research Administration.Deadlines and committee meeting dates will be posted on the top page of the Researcher Application System in the “Notifications” section.
Applications for the following academic year should be submitted by the deadlines for the Keio Research Institute at SFC Steering Committee meeting held in February.
APPLYING TO USE THE MEDIA CENTER (Optional)
Those who wish to use the Media Center should also apply at the Media Center. After your application has been approved, take your Researcher Campus Card to the Media Center to complete registration procedures.
APPLYING TO USE THE MEDIA CNS (Optional)
Those who wish to use SFC-CNS should complete user registration at the Information Technology Center.
If changes such as withdrawal of the sponsorship, or alterations in the sponsor period or project to be participated, occur after approval for the researcher is obtained at the committee meetings, it is necessary to obtain approval of the changes at a committee meeting. Please consult with the Office of Research Administration.
Application Registration System
The Candidates may register applications by accessing the URL below.
Inquiries should be directed to
Office of Research Development and Sponsored Projects, Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Keio UniversityFirst floor, τ (Tau) Building
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:15 a.m.-4:50 p.m.
(Closed weekends, holidays, summer and winter administrative breaks)