At the SFC Research Institute, contract and joint-research is conducted by cooperating with organizations both in Japan and abroad to promote cutting-edge research from the viewpoint of coordinating various sciences.
This contract/joint-research is a framework that allows universities and organizations to do joint-research in those research fields that the consortium does not deal with, by cooperating with universities and organizations. Front-line researchers in various fields and laboratories with their own research missions conduct research and development on research themes mutually agreed upon with private companies and laboratories, government and other public offices, and municipalities. Afterwards, they submit and publish the results.
Although there is no difference between contract and joint-research, contract research is conducted on a specific research theme assigned by an organization. Joint-research is conducted on a research theme determined by cooperation between a university and an organization.
Major contract/joint-research themes are shown below:
How to request contract/joint-research: see Join Us Page.
Major Research Projects in Year 2003
- A study on energy efficiency of small size natural gas cogeneration system based on monitoring data
- Construction of an Advanced Information Infrastructure
- Development of a technological infrastructure for industrial bioprocess "Development of cell modeling technologies"
- Development of an evaluation and support system for schools
- Planning and executing career adviser (Professional level) training course
- Planning and executing training seminars of HR professionals
- Research and development for full simulation of cell
- Research and development of the ubiquitous network management system
- Research and development of the ubiquitous-core which realizes smart environment
- Research and development on technology and operation for the internet exchange
- Research for Network Exchange
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment, and Network Exchange
- Research on credit risk modeling
- Research on information system for urban settlement
- Research on the governance of regional society by community-based BBS
- Research on the micro hotspot networking technology which realizes ubiquitous space instantaneously
- Research on ubiquitous information society based on the traverse science
- Response to homeless families in the aftermath of earthquake disaster in urban area