At the SFC Research Institute, contract and joint-research is conducted by cooperating with organizations both in Japan and abroad to promote cutting-edge research from the viewpoint of coordinating various sciences.
This contract/joint-research is a framework that allows universities and organizations to do joint-research in those research fields that the consortium does not deal with, by cooperating with universities and organizations. Front-line researchers in various fields and laboratories with their own research missions conduct research and development on research themes mutually agreed upon with private companies and laboratories, government and other public offices, and municipalities. Afterwards, they submit and publish the results.
Although there is no difference between contract and joint-research, contract research is conducted on a specific research theme assigned by an organization. Joint-research is conducted on a research theme determined by cooperation between a university and an organization.
Major contract/joint-research themes are shown below:
How to request contract/joint-research: see Join Us Page.
Major Research Projects in Year 2013
- A Case Study and Development of Japanese Family Business
- A study of tele-care for chronic disease patient
- A Study on Situated Speech & Sound (SSS) Systems for the Next Communication Era
- Awareness-promoting system of skin care
- Change in student's motivation to achieve their goals through coaching
- Collaboration research on visualization of activities in Virtual Hollywood
- Collaborative research on portable sensor information system with plug and play functions
- Ethics of Medical Network
- Examining the outcomes and the issues of Sanjo Ballpark regional contribution programs
- Karaokelogy for the new generation
- Next Generation Internet: WIDE project
- OpenFlow and Open Stack based Datacenter Network Dynamic Implementation
- Practice of Fab:Space, Fab:City
- Prototyping of excavating interaction design
- R&D on IPv6 Technology and it's Application
- Research and development of food promoting a happy, healthy and youthful life
- Research for Network Exchange
- Research on communication technologies for effective wireless mesh networking
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment, and Network Exchange
- Research on Fast Web Resource Transfer Protocol
- Research on the organization climate of a corporation specialized in pharmaceutical research and development
- Research on the platform for emergence of self
- Research the Environment of Arena Sports
- Study of Auto-driving
- WIDE Project