At the SFC Research Institute, contract and joint-research is conducted by cooperating with organizations both in Japan and abroad to promote cutting-edge research from the viewpoint of coordinating various sciences.
This contract/joint-research is a framework that allows universities and organizations to do joint-research in those research fields that the consortium does not deal with, by cooperating with universities and organizations. Front-line researchers in various fields and laboratories with their own research missions conduct research and development on research themes mutually agreed upon with private companies and laboratories, government and other public offices, and municipalities. Afterwards, they submit and publish the results.
Although there is no difference between contract and joint-research, contract research is conducted on a specific research theme assigned by an organization. Joint-research is conducted on a research theme determined by cooperation between a university and an organization.
Major contract/joint-research themes are shown below:
How to request contract/joint-research: see Join Us Page.
Major Research Projects in Year 2012
- A study of tele-care for chronic disease patient
- A Study on Situated Speech & Sound (SSS) Systems for the Next Communication Era
- Collaboration research on visualization of activities in Virtual Hollywood
- Creating a shared context about global Intellectual Property issues
- Crowbar based Cloud Development and Application
- Designing Generative Beauty II
- Impact of Career Education in University Curriculum upon Career Development After Graduation
- Karaokelogy for the new generation
- Next Generation Internet: WIDE project
- R&D on IPv6 Technology and it's Application
- Realization of Deformable Operation in Vehicle
- Research and development for marketing strategy of bread industry in Japan
- Research for Network Exchange
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment, and Network Exchange
- Research on ID information platform based on EPU architecture
- Research on net innovation attributed to economic growth
- Research on the factors for promoting healthy workplace with vitality by interviewing with the employees of Musashi plant
- Research on the mental health management training for HR officer
- Research on the organization climate of a corporation specialized in pharmaceutical research and development
- Studies on development of applications to gather information which are associated with locations and to support idea generation, applying internet technology
- Study on the incubation at the eco-business
- WIDE Project