At the SFC Research Institute, contract and joint-research is conducted by cooperating with organizations both in Japan and abroad to promote cutting-edge research from the viewpoint of coordinating various sciences.
This contract/joint-research is a framework that allows universities and organizations to do joint-research in those research fields that the consortium does not deal with, by cooperating with universities and organizations. Front-line researchers in various fields and laboratories with their own research missions conduct research and development on research themes mutually agreed upon with private companies and laboratories, government and other public offices, and municipalities. Afterwards, they submit and publish the results.
Although there is no difference between contract and joint-research, contract research is conducted on a specific research theme assigned by an organization. Joint-research is conducted on a research theme determined by cooperation between a university and an organization.
Major contract/joint-research themes are shown below:
How to request contract/joint-research: see Join Us Page.
Major Research Projects in Year 2008
- A case study on social innovation, primarily on social entrepreneurs and social enterprises in Japan
- A study for construction and operation of Digital Archives of Architectural Space
- An examination of how to construct information system
- An investigation of the IT solution for regional agriculture
- Collaboration research on visualization of activities in Virtual Hollywood
- Construction of an Advanced Information Infrastructure
- Crossmedia research in a regional community
- Explanation of BGP Update "Background Noise" and "Spikes" in the Internet
- Knowledge construction for Chinese-Japanese machine translation
- Make a control unit for EV
- Next Generation Internet: WIDE project
- Research for Network Exchange
- Research on Applications by Using Information of Real World and Web Environment
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment, and Network Exchange
- Sensor Database for Life-log applications
- Study on the incubation at the eco-business
- Study on the Mobile Digital Culture (Continue)
- The researches of exercise programs and measurements for ADL maintenance, recovery and improvement
- The search of the ideal method of participation of administration and inhabitants for the solving local problem through "Internet Shiminjuku"
- WIDE Project