At the SFC Research Institute, contract and joint-research is conducted by cooperating with organizations both in Japan and abroad to promote cutting-edge research from the viewpoint of coordinating various sciences.
This contract/joint-research is a framework that allows universities and organizations to do joint-research in those research fields that the consortium does not deal with, by cooperating with universities and organizations. Front-line researchers in various fields and laboratories with their own research missions conduct research and development on research themes mutually agreed upon with private companies and laboratories, government and other public offices, and municipalities. Afterwards, they submit and publish the results.
Although there is no difference between contract and joint-research, contract research is conducted on a specific research theme assigned by an organization. Joint-research is conducted on a research theme determined by cooperation between a university and an organization.
Major contract/joint-research themes are shown below:
How to request contract/joint-research: see Join Us Page.
Major Research Projects in Year 2010
- A study of tele-care for chronic disease patient
- A Study on a new style of digital signage using mannequins
- An investigation of the IT solution for regional agriculture
- Collaboration research on visualization of activities in Virtual Hollywood
- Construction of an Advanced Information Infrastructure
- Experiments of mobile AR as iPhone application with Humanities Content
- Inspection of Rakuten Web Sites User Interface using EyeTracking System
- Investigation of the physiological parameters on "Shape Spring Bar" and "Champion Stepper"
- Joint research on generation and usage of lecture video to accelerate knowledge acquisition
- Next Generation Internet: WIDE project
- Proposal with new lighting by IP-LED using PoE
- Report on contents service infrastructure
- Research for Network Exchange
- Research on empowerment of spatial analysis function by using internet-map
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment
- Research on Construction of the Widely Integrated Distributed Environment, and Network Exchange
- Research on the NPKK's employees' career, who have finished Leadership Training Program (Novartis University)
- Research on the services and the user interface of cloud devices
- Study of the Future Internet Technology
- Study of User Interface (UI) design and technology for future automotive
- Study on music retrieval/generation for supporting comfortable and efficient rehabilitation in music therapy
- Study on the incubation at the eco-business
- The research on possible innovative social information architectures that surpass existing Web and existing TV from the perspective of the situation in US
- WIDE Project